At Rodings we are committed to developing a greater understanding and provision for children and young people that provide care for members of their family. Developing a support network for Young Carers will be a priority so that children identified as Young Carers are able to continue successful schooling and have an active and purposeful life.
We will aim for best provision for Young Carers by:
- Being committed to meeting the needs of young carers so that they can attend and enjoy school in the same way as other children and achieve their potential.
- Appointing a designated Young Carers' School Lead with responsibility for young carers ad their families. Children and families will be made aware of the identity of this lead an how to contact them to access support.
- Only sharing information with professionals and agencies on a need to know basis in order to support children and their families
- Actively seeking feedback and ideas from young carers an their families to shape and improve support.
- Having an effective referral system and strong partnerships in place with relevant external agencies, including referral to Young Carers' agencies providing key workers who will work with young carers and their families.
The Young Carers leads for Rodings Primary School are: Mr Raraty and Mrs Brown